Thursday, August 12, 2004

Technical Difficulties

Today is Technical Difficulties Thursday. I'm having a fit with making picture messaging work on one of my customer's phones. Normally it works, but this customer is using a Cingular phone with T-Mobile service (which are compatible, except for the pre-loaded features like their respective internet services and etc.) and it is causing a bit of a problem. I still haven't solved it -- at some point, either I will have to solve it, or tell the customer that I am an impotent technician, probably because I am NOT a technician!

I was shopping for scanners. I don't think I need a heavy duty scanner -- I don't think I'll be scanning too many things anyways. I plan to use this scanner for web-page designing purposes -- I plan to enhance my knowledge in that field, and hoping to show off my advancing skills on my blog.

HTML-ing and blog-template-building is hard. It is time consuming. And it would be nice to have time on my side. I thought that if I had taken some courses on making web pages, I'd be able to do much more than I am doing now -- I don't even have the basic foundations of html and yet I seem to get by alright.

It would also make a great part time job, provided there is a market for blog creators, but I'm also seeing if I can make actual functioning web pages and not just blogs, although they are similar concepts, I presume. It would be nice to exercise my creativity -- creativity is like machinery. You have to keep it running and keep utilizing it, or it will get rusty and dusty and non-functional!

I have found, in the last year or two, that I am not the traditional artist, in the sense that I don't do well with a paintbrush or pastels or charcoal or etc. But I do well with the computer, and while the concept of working on a computer may not sound too artistic, it surprisingly is. Considering the fact that I have absolutely no access to fancy shmancy tools and softwares -- no scanner, no photoshop, no adobe illustrator, etc. -- I barely use Microsoft Frontpage for my blog -- I do very well. For art, I just use window's Paintbrush program, which is one of the most basic programs out there. I hate that it only gives, like, 16 colors to work with, although you can pick out more color choices, they give you limited space for your palette. But it's free and it works. Irfanview is another one that I use, for working with jpg files and reducing bmp/jpg file sizes. It is also a simple program, a freeware or shareware or something to that extent, but I like to think that my full utilization of it makes it do wonders.

So while spending a day with technical difficulties, I felt the need to let my creativity start working again. I feel like a bird trapped in a cage. Gasp! Look at that! I can't even find original metaphors to describe what I'm feeling -- I have been reduced to cliches. For shame. I'm going to have to get creative -- my upcoming semester is loaded with not so creative courses like statistics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home