Tuesday, August 03, 2004

iPod

I've decided. I'm going to get an iPod. I'm going for the iPod Mini, as it is smaller, and comes in a variety of colors. And 4 GB of music is probably more than I need at one time anyways. Y'all know I'm a bit Froogle when it comes to purchasing things. Not so much frugle; it is probably better to describe it as obsessive. I'm anal. I don't pay for things that aren't juuuuuust right. It took me half a year to figure out the digital camera that was juuuuuust right for me, and almost as long for a discman.

I'm going to be doing some heavy-duty research on it, but I'll be getting it from Amazon.com. One of the perks at my job is that I get gift certificates depending on our sales records -- it's about $100 a month, more or less. One of the places I can get the gift certificate is Amazon.com, which is probably the only reason why I would be able to afford an iPod. I've been drooling over it for some time now (see left for my Amazon wish list). I'm hoping to get it by Octoberish.

I'm also going to get a scanner. I need want one. I have old photos I would like to scan (rather than taking photos of it with my digital camera and transferring it to my comp), and would like to scan other things. It would be much more convenient, and as I am an amateur artist (I'd like to think that my blog layouts incorporate a lot of artistic skills and an eye for the aesthetics), I would like to see what I can do, given the tools. I've gotten my hands on the much coveted (by me) Adobe Photoshop -- yep, I got my grubby lil fingers all over'em.

The only thing that makes me hesitate, is the fact that I always want to do a lot of things, but usually don't end up completing them. Much like many of my New Year's Resolutions, they're good for a few days, and afterwards, they're no good. Like how I was going to paint and etc.. I have a sketchbook and board from the days I took art classes (I'm not too bad!) and bought paint and charcoal, but never got around to doing much painting or charcoaling. And let's not even talk about that clarinet that's still gathering dust in the corner of my room (I think at one point, Nabee sat on the case, wiping off most of the dust, so that the "dust-gathering" kinda started over)!

Well, we'll see... I still have to do research and all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home