Monday, August 02, 2004

What A Day

What a day. Whew. I had an advertising crisis. The scheduled ads did not come out, and resulted in a loss of $1300. Not $13, not $130, but $1300. It was partly my fault for not having my eyes peeled open -- I guess it is due to my inexperiences with advertising, as I had only started taking care of it, but truly, there's just no excuse. I hung my head in shame all day long, and now my neck is starting to feel the pain.

You know that feeling when you did something so horribly wrong? So wrong that you just can't do anything to make it right, and all you can hope is for time to pass by quickly? I'm pretty sure two days from now it won't be too big of an issue, but until then, I'm going to be quiet as a mouse and try my best not to attract any attention onto myself.

I spent half the day playing phone-tag with my newspaper rep, who also happens to be my former boss. Ultimately, he's really sorry. I'd say the paper is about 80% at fault. (20% would be mine -- if I had checked the paper daily and concentrated on making sure it appeared each day, this would not have happened. If it didn't appear, I could have called the paper on time and screamed bloody murder at them, but it's too late once the end of the month passes by...) He's really sorry, but when it comes down to it, I am to blame. I hate getting blamed, even if I deserve it.

So it feels like a typical Monday. It was busy; I had work up and down the wazoo, and did not even have time for my morning coffee (it's 6PM now). It was hell; everyone was either mad at me, complaining at me, or saying the same thing over and over and over (what's the activation fee? How do I check voicemail? What's the activation fee? How do I take pictures? Activation fee? What's that?). And as an added bonus, flu symptoms are still around, and I've got an awful headache going. So yes, it is a typical Monday.

Excuse me, I need to go beat the shit out of a certain CPA (more on that perhaps, later) and certain Newspaper team and a few customers. (Smiles sinisterly while imagining doing evil things... muhahahaha~)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home