Thursday, September 23, 2004

Reviews 2

Matchstick Men
This is just hot off the press people. So to speak. Just finished the film, and found it extremely appealing and up to par with my likings. Nicholas Cage is a fabulous actor. In his case, I think it helps that he looks the way he does -- he doesn't look like an unapproachable star Tinseltown hunk god -- he looks like the average joe. He's approachable. He could be you. You could be him. And in the most literal sense, I could be his wife had I stuck out as a waitress longer. The plot definitely thickens on this one -- and it's a twister! I was definitely in for a surprise. It has a humbling message -- as I said before, monkeys do fall off of trees. Another lesson? If a kid comes up to you claiming to be your long lost child, request a photo ID along with DNA testing to be done immediately. Do not give the benefit of the doubt. In fact, don't believe your current son or daughter is actually your son/daughter. Unless you were with him/her non-stop at the hospital after birth, there is the looming possibility of a switcheroo done with your kid. I mean, recall the Biblical tale of King Solomon and that baby. One woman squashes her baby to death and wants to take some other woman's child and claim it as her own! Now, it may feel better for you to have a baby in your arms. Replacements might seem to ease you a bit. But can you really live your life knowing that this baby ain't yo baby?

It's already 1AM. Perhaps I should have studied for the inevitable nutrition exam tomorrow. Perhaps I should have cleaned my desk (hasn't even been a month since I cleaned it, and I'm already having trouble finding my mouse under piles of stuff). Perhaps I should have gone to sleep earlier, since I've been roughing it with just 5-6 hrs a night (when I feel best at 8-9 hrs a night) and I've been dog-tired since last week! Geez. Maybe tomorrow I'll sleep earlier -- but probably after ER (I do believe it is the season premiere... gotta love that telly!). Good night everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home