Thursday, November 11, 2004

Bad J.Crew!

I honestly don't care that this model is just the most jaw-droppingly hot model ever. This is still a definite "please don't" look in my book. I don't care if paisley pattern was revered by Babylonians as a sybol of life. I don't care if paisley pattern was perfected by the Indians as art. Why is this man wearing paisley printed pants? If that weren't enough, the damned pants are RED! And in all seriousness, everything about the image reveals that this is not meant to be worn as pajamas, but rather, it is meant to be worn OUTDOORS! With a blazer no less! Somebody should be fired at J.Crew and I don't think it's the model. This is the most heinous photo in any catalogue ever! I mean, was the designer colorblind? Blind? Having a bad day? You may not be able to see in the shrunk photo on the left (click for larger version) but it's just hideous. The worst part? It also comes in a "Christmassy" green color, and costs $78. If any men are reading this, please just say no!

You know, don't take this as a personal attack launched against J.Crew. I honestly just love J.Crew to death. I own nothing from J.Crew, but I still love their catalogue. It's like... Abercrombie & Fitch, grown up! The (male) models are just slightly rugged to look casual, but they look just taylored enough for a city gal. They're tall and good looking, broad-shouldered (gotta love those shoulders) and their smile indicates that they're mature, but still retain just a tad of boyish shyness and innocence. The J.Crew catalogue always featured impeccably preppy and stylish clothing, until this season. It will be the season of infamy. Paisley! As if!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home