Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The Joys of Nursing

Here are a few things that nurses HATE:

Gotta love it when they poo, pee, and vigorously wipe with 2 whole squares of toilet paper...then they reach up and grab ya (with the same hand) to get up from the toilet......oh that pi$$es me off! What were ya thinking?!!

I gotta agree on the dumping syndrome- those bedpans smell and look worse than ANYTHING I've ever dealt with- makes me literally gag! and I agree with those who say dumping stuff in the toilet is the worst part- with those bedpans, there's just something about the sound of it hitting the water, and the smell rising up- oooooohhhh ughhhhh, shudder!!

[...] With the smelly stuff you just need to learn how to totally breath thru your mouth......need to do a total nasal bypass. then the smelly's won't get you.

If I had to pick ONE thing thatreally makes me want to yak, it would be taking dentures out of someone's mouth and there's food and stuff caked all over them. Now, I've never had a problem with bedpans, I can even suction people without a problem, but just the THOUGHT of handling those slimy things with only-god-knows-what all over them makes me want to blow chunks...

manual disempaction!!!! I can clean up poo on an incontinent person, but I can't stand to dig it out!!!!

What have I gotten myself into?

Anecdotes from the allnurses.com forum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home