Monday, November 08, 2004

Guess What I'm Drinking?

Yes. I had to have a cold drink in preparation for the massive amounts of statistics homework I have to do tonight (due tomorrow, and exam tomorrow). I don't think it is possible to do statistics without getting slightly buzzed beforehand -- hopefully this bottle of Corona (aka La Cerveza Mas Fina) with lime wedges should do the trick (see left image -- notice the "Shakespeare" book in the background -- that's Richard III!). Where would I be now had I not bought beer on my trip to Ralph's yesterday?

Did I mention my affinity for alcohol? It's like the fountain of youth, bottled; make you feel happy just enough to keep you grounded to earth (although excessive amounts will kill you). I also bought a bottle of vodka (Skyy) yesterday so that I can have my bloody maries and cosmos. Habee is rolling her eyes, after seeing me gulp down the beer -- clearly she is ashamed of her alcoholic owner. Come on, kitty. Lemme have my alcohol. Due to some new law allowing random drug testing for nurses, I'll never be able to take illegal drugs or take drugs illegally (there is a difference) as long as I'm in the health care biz. NOT THAT I TAKE DRUGS of course. I'm being serious. Scout's honor. I'm too poor to take drugs -- sometimes I can't even afford Pampirin for cramps! But anyways, since I haven't taken drugs and I can't take drugs and I won't be able to take drugs and I'll be "just say[ing] no" for one heck of a long time, lemme have my beer in peace.

I am reminded of the joke, "don't drink and derive." As I recall, calculus was always much more fun with a bit of alcohol -- I was able to understand derivatives and integration and have more fun solving problems under the influence. So let me repeat -- drink and derive if you can and if you must, but NEVER EVER DRINK AND DRIVE.

That was my version of the "public service announcement."

Well, here I go plunging into 5 chapters of stat homework. Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home