Wednesday, November 10, 2004

It's SINGULAR, not CINGULAR DAMMIT!

I cannot put into words my contempt for the wireless company Cingular. Their wireless reception is tolerable, but their customer service is not. I think you have to be at least a bit related to the devil himself to qualify for a job at Cingular's customer service. Almost all of their reps come directly from the bottomless pit of hell, and whenever I have to speak to them, they talk back to me as though they are condemning me to join them in the eternally burning fire.

It's like, they TRY to rip you off. And they try hard. And if you try to appeal to a higher authority, i.e. supervisor/manager, this is what they say: "I'm sorry, in regards to this matter, no one at Cingular can help you." And if you say, "You know what? I'll take my chances -- can you transfer me to your supervisor?" Then they reply, "My supervisor will tell you exactly the same thing as I have, ma'am." Of course! How ingenious that all your brains are connected via giant cables connected to your spinal cord (a la Matrix) so all of you share your thoughts. Or perhaps all of you just have one brain to which you are connected.

"I understand," I say, grinding my teeth. "But I would still like to speak to your supervisor." Yeah. Just in case he/she is someone with a conscience! And this is the lovely rep's reply: "Ok ma'am. Please hold." And they play this lovely (brain-washing/hypnotizing) music and leave me on hold for a good deal of time, say 5 to 8 minutes or so. Sometimes the supervisor actually answers. Sometimes the rep returns after a few minutes, and there is hope in his/her voice, that I might have given up and hung up. Sometimes, the phone call is just disconnected. Routine procedures.

Well, listen up Cingular. I've never really liked you, and now I'm about to start hating you. Now that you'll be joining forces with AT&T Wireless (almost as evil as Cingular), you think you're just going to be the biggest bad ass in wireless. Well, lemme tell ya just one thing: It's Singular with an "S" you morons. Get it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home