Thursday, November 18, 2004

Life in the iPod

Here's my new baby:

The left is the giantic box the UPS guy handed to me. I expected it to be heavy, but it was surprisingly light. Of course, it was half empty. The UPS guy buzzed in at about 2:15PM-ish. I could have and would have just dived into the box with a paper-cutting knife and rip that box apart, but instead, I took the civilized route, of carefully extracting the iPod from the humongous box, and taking photographic records in detail of each step.

This, on the right, is of course the second box. Looks like the outer box, only smaller and more cube-ish. Looks like somebody had shipped this to Amazon.com and Amazon.com shipped it to me directly. Very compact. Shook the box and nothing rattled, allowing me to assume that there was another box, leaving no space for rattling.

Now, this is the actual iPod box, or at least the top of it, as revealed by opening the top of the aforementioned second box. You can see the Apple trade mark of the white apple with a bite taken out of it. It's an ingenious symbol actually. The designers at Apple are a bunch of hellishly sexy people, I tell you. They know sexy. I mean, it's difficult to make electronic equipment like cameras and computers sexy, but somehow, Apple shocks the world over and over again with their ultra attractive features. Amazing people. Amazing.

This is the iPod box, removed from the brown box. I mean, how great can this be? Even the box is cute! The box is adorable, and it's not one of those open from the top boxes -- no. These people even have to make the box ultra sleek and hot. Did I just call a box, hot? Yes. Hot box it is.

Here is the iPod box without the sleeve. You can see that the decorative sleeve was colorful, and there is a stark contrast, as the actual box itself is just monochrome. There's the best of both worlds -- punchy colors and classic black and white. I can just spend days gazing at the box! Am I going crazy yet? The First Song ever to be played on my iPod is... "Snow Frolic" from the Love Story sound track, which is also my ringtone at the moment (it is the background music I would want if my life were a movie and I was in a romantic relationship). I haven't unplugged my ears since plugging the headphones in. I don't know if I ever want to take them out!

This is the view after the box was split in half. The iPod box, unlike most conventional boxes, do not open with a little lid flap. It splits open in half, revealing two compartments. One side holds the iPod and the charger, and the other side contains the manuals and the various cords -- firewire, USB, headphones, as well as the CD.

Ladies and gentlemen. You have waited an excruciatingly long time for this. Please have the pleasure of meeting my new, ultra cute, ultra ultra fabulous, 4G iPod. (Swoon~)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home