Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Saved!

I saw Saved! tonight. It was good -- refreshing! For once I liked Mandy Moore. It was just a level up from the frequent "afterschool specials" shown in my "adolescent skills" class in the 8th grade. It's not a religious movie that offends non-Christians, so don't be peeved by that. I mean, I'm as secular as it gets and I had no problem with this film. So this film gets two secular thumbs up.

Sometimes, I despise the direction I am heading. Not really in my actions, but in my tastes, especially in film. Why am I getting more and more attracted by these "Disney" style films with forced happy endings? I used to be dark and cynical; I was the only 5th grader refusing to accept Disney's ending of the Little Mermaid and protested, rather vigorously that the truth of the tale be told! What happened to that vociferous girl with the surplus of 'tudes?

Recent family-oriented films I have enjoyed were: Shrek 2, Cheaper by the Dozen, Mean Girls, Freaky Friday, among others. Am I falling into that slippery slope into wannabe-soccer-mom-hood? Girl-scout leader? I am becoming a gargantuan softie in my old age.

I've even purchased the "Disney Winnie the Pooh Complete Multi Vitamin: Children's Multiple Vitamin and Mineral Supplement." (Which, by the way, is fraudulent; it says, "Great taste kids love" and it tastes extremely bad and I'm most certain that kids will hate it -- ugh, the aftertaste!) I mean, I had a coupon, but I could have easily bought another brand for the same price. I don't even like Pooh. I can't see why that dumb bear is even popular! The only sane character on that show is Rabbit anyways!

Ok, enough griping. I'm going to try to get to bed earlier tonight (aka before midnight). I'm having a hard time prying myself off my computer, but I'm sure as hell gonna give it a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home