Thursday, February 06, 2003

OH, forgot to mention another funny story. That night out drinking, we were talking about being fobs, and how long someone's been a fob, and the standard period in which one should be considered a fob, and etc. FYI, a "F.O.B." stands for "Fresh Off the Boat," a descriptive phrase usually administered upon those who are new to the US, and have little knowledge of the new country, and speak little or no English. Well, one of my acquaintances, who's been in the US quite a long time, declared that she was a "S.O.B." Correct me if I am wrong, but from my knowledge, SOB usually stood for "Son of a Bitch," which can also describe the particular fob that you're talking about, but in no way are they synonymous. According to her, "S.O.B." stands for "Still On the Boat." So I was enlightened. I told this newfound fact to my brother, and even he laughed. He almost never laughes at anything remotely funny that I say, so his laughter tells me that this fact was beyond his breadth of knowledge as well. Well, who would have known??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home