Saturday, October 18, 2003

It's a very quiet day. It's been quiet -- time passes slower when there's nothing going on. I do think that mental time, as opposed to actual time(measured by the clock), is much more important.

I went to pick up my new glasses and new contact lenses yesterday. I think my prescription is overwhelming -- I got a slight headache wearing my new glasses yesterday. On some people, glasses look very stylish. It is a hard concept for me. Never would I have believed that glasses can actually be fashionable -- but apparently, on the beautiful people, it can be. For me, I've worn glasses since the second grade -- when I was 19, and was first fitted for contact lenses, I was just glad to have been liberated from the binding shackles of spectacles. But as I am getting a tad bid older, my eyes tire easily, and frequent dryness has actually made the pendulum swing back into wearing glasses. I tried so hard to pick something at least remotely fashionable. Oh, how I wanted to be the model in the magazines, looking so chic with tortoise shelled rims! I ended up paying a good deal of dough on a new pair -- I've had the same glasses since the 10th grade, and that's been quite a while ago now. It's plastic, which a thicker edge, so it can hide the thickness of the lenses -- I have such poor sight... I am one of those wearing the coke-bottle glasses. Well, long story short, it didn't quite matter that it was something made by Calvin Klein... I still looked like the matron from a strict boarding school for girls. Nerdy, but mature -- like I belong in a library. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home