Wednesday, April 28, 2004

An Unhappy Place, Brought to You By the Happiest Place on Earth

Yahoo! News - Comcast Abandons Takeover Bid for Disney

I had a Roxanne (from Cyrano de Bergerac) moment. I thought I loved Disney. But it turned out that what I actually loved, was Pixar. Pixar will separate from Disney, and since all recent hits have been done by Pixar, Disney seems to be in trouble. They must turn out a success -- if their first animated film sans Pixar is a failure, the image of Disney will be irrevocable. Disney is also in the process of changing their CEO -- whether or not to keep Mr. Eisner. I'm not sure if said Mr. Eisner is doing a great job, but I don't know if there would be someone who can take up the task and succeed, despite the heavy burden that currently lies in place. Since Comcast has now withdrawn the bid to take over Disney, Disney is pretty much without a choice, as far as saving their asses go. I'm interested in seeing how Disney fares without Pixar, and while I am an immense fan of Disney, I have a significant cloud of doubt hovering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home