Wednesday, May 05, 2004

The Mysterious Disappearance of 7lbs

For some reason, in the last couple of days (or at least I think the last couple of days -- I haven't checked my weight in a month or so) I have dropped 7 lbs. It doesn't seem like the scale is broken -- I do fit into my pants a bit easier (i.e. no gasping or hopping around trying to zip up) and my tummy feels a little less chunkier than usual. I'm not exactly in prime mode for a wet T-shirt contest, but still. I wonder if this is actually valid progress, or some gross error by Mother Nature (i.e. cancer, or worse, hookworms, or just water loss from the recent heat wave). I haven't been to gym too frequently, nor have I watched what I had been eating, although I do like to think/imagine that I eat less.

I've also been losing hair. It sucks when a man loses his hair, but it's awfully wretched for a woman to lose hers. My hair falls out like crazy madness in the shower. I used to have a head-full of raging black hair. Now my hair color fades (even after dying it black twice!) to a light brown color, and I have significantly less hair than I used to. The hair strands are also thinner and more prone to breakage and whatnot. It's really putting a damper on my beauty regimen.

For now I'll just not worry and try to be happy for the disappearance of the 7 lbs, and hope that the downward trend continues for a while... at least until I reach about 120 lbs... I mean, I don't want to be emaciated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home