Friday, June 25, 2004

History

History

While trying to brainstorm ideas for a new template for the blog, I wondered why I never stored images of my past blog templates. Kind of like how artists keep prints of their work. I couldn't dig up all of them, as many weren't saved -- over the course of a year and nearly half of blogging, my blog has gotten about 8 facelifts (not counting small variations). My current blog's title is Haemi-Sphere v.8, but actually it should be v.8.1 or something, because I did merge the two leftside columns into one. But however, I don't even know if it is indeed template number 8, because I haven't kept track. I counted 7 versions, but I'm sure there's one that I am not remembering. So for that margin of error, Haemi-Sphere is currently on version 8, on its way to version 9.

I have found some past looks for my blog, and salvaged them into tiny jpg files. Let's walk down memory lane, shall we?

Bubbles - early 2003
This one is one of the earlier models, actually made by someone I can't remember. I do believe it is from Blogskins.com. This is not my original work, but it helped me understand the basics of html.

Orange you glad you came upon my blog? -- late 2003
Now this is one of my earlier works, but done by my own two hands. The picture of the orange, was not taken by me, but the image distortion (if you could call it that) was done by me, without photoshop or any expensive program! Irfanview helped me. It is probably my first blog template of my own designs.

Game of Life - February, 2004
Ah. Who doesn't remember this purply blog? I enjoyed it while I had it, but the dark purple was a bit drabby and rather haunting. I put in many hours of work into it, and this is probably the piece of work that made me completely understand the power of CSS. I had many errors that popped up, and took a long time to clear out each one. This one also did not work with netscape or mozilla firefox.

Dangerous Woman, version A -- second quarter of 2004
Looks familiar? It should! This is the original v.8 of Haemi-Sphere, where there are two skinnier columns on the left side. I used Microsoft Frontpage for this one. Learning how to work Frontpage was a killer, and I was annoyed at a lot of points. About 75% was typed out by hand, while 25% was done through Frontpage. After all that purpleness, I just wanted something with a white background with just a bit of art.

Dangerous Woman, version B -- summer 2004
And of course, this is the most current phase of Haemi-Sphere. By this time, I have grown to be a big "Shag" fan. The art featured in the Game of Life, Dangerous Woman, and the current Archives page is all works of the mighty Shag. He's brilliant, what can I say?

Dangerous Woman Archives -- first half of 2004
This one is the current archives page. It also contains a under-construction list of 100 things random things regarding myself. It's simple and nice, just like me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home