Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Holy Crap!

Holy Crap!

All of a sudden, things are looking clear. I got news from my lawyer about my immigration situation, and I just got a green light from the consulate to go down to Mexico and get my visa. Woohoo~!! Of course, it's a little early to celebrate (inevitably I will be soon -- with lotsa alcohol!) but after years of hitting dead ends, I'm finally on the right path! Also, I got news of another nursing program, a little more expensive (but I can get a loan) and a little longer (2.5 yrs vs. 2 yrs) and a little hoaky (I have to work toward an LVN license for the first year and half and complete it into an RN certificate in the last year), but it may be better than the options I've got. At any rate, I will be waiting another semester for the local college's nursing dept. lottery, so going to a longer program now wouldn't be so bad.

Suddenly, things that were in a complete chaotic knot are loosening up into straight strands. The boy trouble and final exams are still bugging me, but they're miniscule compared to the fabulous, marvelous, terrific, fantastic news I got today. If anyone's down at the border next next Wednesday -- you'll recognize me instantly. I'll be the one doing the rather embarrassing dance at the US consulate building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home