Thursday, August 19, 2004

Nasty Letter

I just sent a very nasty e-mail to my bestfriend, or should I say the girl formerly known as my best friend. Since she has not kept in touch with her family and couldn't get a cell phone under her name, I opened up an account under my name for her. She didn't pay for the first two months, so I did (because the line got disconnected). The third month's bill was due last Monday, and that still hasn't been cleared, and she's still MIA. I know she's alive, because her cell phone is still being used continuously. If that is the only way you know your bestfriend's alive, well, that just says a lot, doesn't it?

I just think that she's having problems. Maybe she wants to deal with them herself, alone. I try not to think that she's doing this out of blatant disregard for my feelings. I still want to think that she still respects me and wants me as a friend. Shakespeare was right: "Neither a borrower or a lender be..."

As you know with cell phones, cancelling before the contract is up means paying big bucks for an ETF -- Early Termination Fee. Ugh. At this point, I am beginning to get mad at her. Even more mad, because she hasn't even had the courtesy to call me and make up an excuse.

After writing a nasty e-mail, practically threatening her to pay up or lose her cell phone service and her bestfriend, I still feel worse. I've been losing sleep over this for weeks now. Every time I think of her, my heart aches. I can recover the next day if I am dumped by a guy -- there's plenty of fish in the sea. But it's hard to recover from being rejected by a friend. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home