Thursday, September 30, 2004

The Debate

Political bloggers all over the nation will be no doubt typing up a blog entry as we speak. The first of the presidential nominee debate was on tonight. It was concise, and very rigid in format, and both candidates stood firmly and held their ground on where they stood. Personally, I think Senator Kerry had a smoother run for his arguments, as though they were written out previously! Incumbent President Bush stuttered at times, and he made pauses between words and it was a bit more difficult to follow his train of thought at times because of the silences that broke his sentences.

This debate gave me a clear view of what each candidate's view point on Iraq is. The topic of the night was Iraq and Homeland security -- I didn't hear much about the domestic policies, but heard more than I needed to know about Iraq. So it was a good debate.

All I recall President Bush saying was, "blah blah blah duty blah blah blah wrong war wrong place blah blah blah our duty blah blah blah new-kew-lur blah blah blah my duty blah blah blah." My, he certainly does like the word "duty." And I could not hold in the uproar of laughter when he said new-kew-lur. I guess you can shorten them and call'em "nukes." But it's not pronouced like nuke-you-lur!

I am really hesitant to voice my opinions in this matter, as they have no effect, as I am neither a voter nor a citizen. I can't even vote in the 2008 election, let alone 2004. It is my honest hope and wish that in 2012, I will be able to vote for a US president, and it is also my honest hope that when I do get to vote in 2012, my first vote can be directed at the first woman president of the US. Just my humble hope is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home