Saturday, September 25, 2004

Reviews 4

I have to apologize for the random chaos that these "reviews" entries have been. I've been busy, true, but I have also been bombarded with a whole slew of DVD's (I've been watching about 3 films a week on average!). It would have been nicer had I organized it more thoughtfully, but consider this a brainstorm of all the stuff I've been seeing. Perhaps it will serve as raw material for a more composed composition on a later date.

Taming of the Shrew 1967. Directed by Franco Zefirelli, Starring Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and Michael York (who plays Bazel on the Austin Power series).
Elizabeth Taylor is a stunning woman. She's a bit old now, but still absolutely stunning. She was also notorious for her multiple marriages (not all at once, of course). She makes the most wonderful Katherine, the shrew, in this adapted for film version of Shakespeare's play. Of course, Richard Burton with his drinking problem and whatnot, also made a brilliant Petrucchio. You know, Elizabeth Taylor can say more things with just the glimmer of her eyes than anyone. And when I think of Cleopatra, her face comes to mind. Beautiful creature, she is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home