Saturday, October 16, 2004

El Sabado Lluvioso

I had an extremely slow day at work. Saturdays are often slow, so it wasn't a surprise. The day dragged on slowly, and it seemed eternal, this workday. Finally, it ended and Shane and I decided to finish out the day with a little shopping. Shopping has become our favorite pastime.

Why is it that these days I walk into a bookstore and walk out with a book in hand? Who would have known that books are the ultimate temptations I would face? I'll admit it: I am having a slight surplus in funds. I am now free from debt, and no longer obligated with the burden of monthly car payments. My auto insurance has also gone down over $100/month, and now I'm finally getting some room to breathe, in regards to my finances. So it has become even harder to walk out of BN or Borders without buying.

Shane bought a leather jacket from Banana Republic; I bought Fast Food Nation from BN. Will I get around to reading this in 2004? Probably not. This will have to stand in line behind Anna Karenina which is behind The Other Boleyn Girl, which then, is behind The Moor's Last Sigh. I've cheated a little and started on The Other Boleyn Girl. It's not nearly as good as I had expected it to be, but it's a quick page-turner. Oof~ Let's not forget The Da Vinci Code. I am about third of the way through, and it is getting more and more intriguing. I was never one for mystery novels, but it has so much to do with art and symbols. I don't know. It's just fascinating.

Well, I got home about half past seven, had a light dinner, got bored and tired, and crawled under the blankets. It has suddenly turned chilly -- just a couple of days ago the days were in the high 80's and 90's. I was awakened by my mother who just came back from a concert -- a bunch of Korean pop singers (Shinhwa, Rain, Hyolee, Jongkook Kim, etc.) came to the Hollywood Bowl to perform, and my aunt had a free left-over ticket. My mom didn't quite know what she was going to see/hear, but she just went. The show got caught in the rain, and my mom figured that it would take eons to leave after the show, so they left as the show winded down toward the end, but before the final acts.

My mother's arrival awakened me and that is when I found the most pleasant surprise. I had read in the weather report that it was to rain tomorrow -- I am very sensitive to the weather and harbor a keen interest in it, especially to rain, as it is my favorite weather. I just love the rain. Of course, I don't particularly enjoy walking or driving in the rain, but the sound of rain falling is so beautiful and calming.

I can hear the rain now... it is lovely. Quite lovely. It sounds like I'm going to have a pleasant lullaby to send me off the dreamland. Mmmm~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home