Sunday, November 28, 2004

Beautiful Sunday Morning .. Er... Noonish

Yesterday morning, I went to pick up the paper, and found that the Newspaper Bandit™ had been at it again! So this morning, despite the fact that it is my only day off from work, and despite the fact that I really needed to catch up on sleep, I had my alarm on at 7AM. This morning, the alarm went off, and I got up to get the paper before the Bandit could have a swipe at it. And I brought the paper back, and crawled back into bed with my cat, and snoozed. Totally snoozed. Until 10:30 AM.

Then I felt so embarrassed, because Tinka sent me an e-mail this morning shortly after 7AM, about my recent Fiercewomen.com submission (by the way, please click to read!). Some people get up at the crack of dawn and do productive things, while I snooze. Wasn't there some sort of corny saying, "you snooze, you lose?"

Anyway, It is the most sunshiny morning ever (well, it is just tad past noon)! My cat is taking advantage of the flood of sunlight on my bed by sunbathing while licking her paws! I'm going to do likewise (sit in the sun, not lick my paws/hands) and absorb some sunshine (get those vitamin D's!) and read my Sunday paper. I've already got my tumbler full of piping hot coffee, all ready to go! I've already broken my fast with leftover turkey that felt like jerkey more than turkey, but oh well (it also didn't help that there was no cranberries to go along with the dry turkey -- I had to resort to drenching it in strawberry jam).

I know I got up late in the morning, but I did go to bed a bit late -- just about 1 AM-ish, finishing up my brother's blog -- a holiday look. I just felt as though I haven't utilized my html skills in a while, and they were probably deteriorating quickly, so as a practice, I made him a Christmas Simpsons themed blog! It's not too pretty, but it's alright. I'm still brainstorming for my own blog re-design -- deadline is end of January 2005, so I've got little over two months. I think just getting the ideas together is the hardest part. Time will tell how it goes. I don't know about moving my blog over to a separate host and domain -- I would need to learn how to use wordpress or MT or EE, and find out how in the world I am going to use FTP. Shieldhost's service sounds adequate the price does seem low enough for me to afford it. I'm guessing about $35 a year, which isn't bad at all. Just the details of things -- I am actually very afraid of acronyms like FTP, MySQL, Perl, XML, stuff like that. I don't even know what half those things are. Ignorance isn't bliss -- it's frightening. But enough ranting for now -- I've got news to read and coupons to clip and sunshine to absorb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home