Saturday, November 27, 2004

Match Made in Heaven

I know I have already named my future children but I have yet to have given them middle names. It's gonna be Coltrane. The boys at least. And the girls, probably Ruby, from Thelonious Monk's Ruby, My Dear. I am such a nutcase. I know.

I found the two of the most perfect things. Rain and Jazz. I was driving home, and it was just drizzly enough -- and I was listening to The Best of Miles Davis and John Coltrane and it was juuuuuuust right. Something about the sound of rain and Jazzy tunes made my bones turn into jello and I nearly just went kaput in my car, drifting off... I should have been born a lot earlier -- if not the 20's, then at least the 40's or 50's (the depression wasn't a fun time anyway). What I wouldn't give to hear Coltrane live! I'd be throwing my undergarments at him for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home