Friday, November 26, 2004

Cheap Hosting

Mai, over at Create Something Beautiful -- Make Art suggested to me Shieldhost.com as a possible option for hosting. They're cheap, and really cheap. Possibly the cheapest I've seen so far -- 2.99 per month for their most basic service (which is probably all I need) and right now they have a sale for 1.99 per month (which actually comes down to less than $22 per year)! It includes e-mail and no set up fees and unlimited subdomains and etc. etc. etc.! I mean, that's just so cheap! Is it even possible to be so cheap? Is the service any good? I'd also have to get a domain, and that should add about another ten bucks or so. Downside if it is that it is only 400 MB worth of space, and I don't know how that would add up -- 10 GB of bandwidth though. Looks like a lot of math.

I would also need to brush up on how the heck I am going to work the FTP and all, and what blog program I should use, because I know stuff like ExpressionEngine and MT cost mucho dinero. Is it possible to just use hosting and keep using blogger? Would I still need a domain name? How would I go about joining blogger and separate hosting/domain? Argh. My head hurts. Let me go simmer down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home