Sunday, November 21, 2004

The English Drink Tea

Do they? Do the English drink tea instead of coffee (or at least prefer it over coffee)? I am a resolute coffee drinker, but I love a variety of teas. Currently, I already had my morning coffee, so I'm drinking English tea, with non-dairy cream and a teaspoon of honey. Yum. It looks like coffee, but it's so much milder and softer. I'm sure it probably has the same amout of caffeine, but it makes me feel more relaxed. Which doesn't make sense. Just about three hours ago, I had coffee to wake myself up, and now I'm having tea to get relaxed. Counter-productive? I am reminded of the Simpsons episode when Homer purchases a second hand ambulance and decides to become a paramedic. He shows his children morphine syringes and the Defibrillator claiming that one makes him relax and the other one keeps him awake.

On Friday, as I was driving to work, I saw a sign. Well, ok, not a sign. It was a license plate on a car driving ahead of me, and I always read those things for some reason. This particular plate read, "(Insert symbol for heart here)Suprem." To other people, it may mean something else, but to Coltrane fans, it can only mean one thing! Then I saw the license plate holder, which read, something like, "A Love Supreme, Listen to John Coltrane!" If I wasn't late for work, I would have flagged down the guy driving! Maybe I lost my soul mate, who knows. (Drama queen acting up again)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home