Monday, February 17, 2003

YESSSSS!! I start school tomorrow!! For those who are unfamiliar with my nerdiness, I give one name to describe my passion to be geek: Lisa Simpson. She is my hero, and very much like what a cartoon version of me would be like.

My life has been bland to say the least, and I am just glad to have some new things pop into perspectives. Although I'm not a fan of homework, taking 14 units will definitely keep me busy, and therefore, less bored, hopefully. I am still reading Dante's Inferno, the first part of the Divine Comedy, and not yet half way through. Although it is quite interesting and very beautifully written - the descriptions and vivid imageries are phenomenal - it isn't something that should be read for fun, I believe. It is something to be studied. So I will.

I watched the "Living with Michael Jackson" thing on 20/20 tonight. It was very disturbing -- I do feel a bit of sympathy for the man. I can imagine why he doesn't want to grow up and be an adult, after losing his childhood to an abusive father and a demanding career. But, alas, I am a narrow-minded, ignorant fool, and I cannot accept many things about him, which, I hoped, to make me neutral, but torn between the two sides. Whether to reject MJ as a freak of nature, a predator of children, or feel sympathetic toward him as a man misunderstood.

I went to Bally's today, FINALLY to replace my membership card. Now they take a picture and zap it right on the card, and the chick who was making my card made me look like a bloated hamster. My cheeks looked as though they were holding a week's supply of nuts. Or maybe my cheeks/face is just that naturally fat, and I have been in denial. Life. It's hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home