Monday, October 20, 2003

I finished the newest book of J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I have read all in the series, and they are a fantastic set of books to read, no matter what your age is! I originally started the whole thing to see what all the hype was about, but I, too, got swept up in the hype itself. Before long, I was tormented by the delaying of the fifth book's arrival... After gobbling up the last book, I feel somewhat satiated, enough to wait patiently for the next book... at least for the moment. I actually got a pretty late start on the fifth books... it's been months since it came out. The outrageously high cost of the book has deprived me of my needs -- even the library's copies were always out. Those who haven't read the books and merely watched the movies with their children/nieces and nephews cannot even begin to understand this madness with the Harry Potter series. I am 23 years old, and even at my age, it was an excellent read.

While I was waiting for an opportunity to grab a copy of the new Harry Potter, I also tried to get my grubby lil' hands on Hilary Clinton's Living History. Also a hard to find book if you are very very poor. I'm sure it is a fascinating read also... I guess I will have to wait until the paperbacks arrive. It also made me recall a line from Legally Blonde(the first one). Warren tells Elle that if he wants to be a senator, he needs to marry a Jackie, not a Marilyn. Perhaps we still do live in a world that is based upon images and not the important.

Although I tend to side a bit with the republicans, I like Hilary. However, I feel very sorry for her. She may have a great career, and undoubtedly she is doing something she loves. But at what cost? Bill is a horrible horrible man. If a man cannot be faithful to his own wife, how can he be faithful to his country? Some say that it is part of a personal life that should be protected by privacy. While I agree, I also have to say that what he has done reflects on his character and integrity in a negative light. He cheated; with an intern, no less, and then lied, and when he was found to be lying, then he apologized. I still cannot believe that the man who is possibly the most powerful in the world would do such a thing, especially given the position that he was in. That shows that he had no respect for his position. You are a leader! You are a person that kids look up to and tell their parents that they want to be president when they grow up. A person in such position is bound to be criticized and booed at by the opposing group... You need to defy that. Pull out the charisma and show people your strengths. Pull them together and make them follow as a whole nation. Don't be some Joe Schmoe white trailer trash. I am sorry to say that this country has had more than its share of red-necks as leaders. Pretty good sax player though.

I see that my Harry Potter book review has taken a wrong turn. Well, at least I am blogging more often these days... I remember leaving my blog stranded for days! That was very very bad of me... Well, gotta get back to work... cell phones don't sell itself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home