Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Today's weather: Scorching hot, with extra smog on the side!

The sudden heat and dryness in the weather has caused multiple fires in the Burbank and Fontana areas. That's the extra smog. I was driving on the 210 freeway from Pasadena, which is up on a hill, and as I looked downhill, it was beautiful. It was the epitome of the "crystal clear" weather we so frequently have in Southern California. Then my view shifted towards downtown Los Angeles -- you can see a few humble mini-skyscrapers (I used to think they were pretty tall buildings, but after a visit to downtown Chicago, I changed my mind). The buildings were drowning in smog. It was a brownish grey. Although I don't see it now (I am at work in LA) I know I'm breathing it. Because of the MTA workers going on strike, with the grocery store workers, traffic's been much heavier, which only adds onto the "extra smog on the side."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home