Wednesday, November 12, 2003

I put that poem below, because it is a poem that has touched me in many ways. Every occasion I have had in reading this poem, I have had different reactions. It's so serene, but baffled with a heavy decision -- two roads. I think it has taken several years for me to fully come to an understanding with the "And that has made all the difference" line... because in my own life, I have never felt that taking the one less traveled by has made all the difference, or even a small difference. It sucked taking the road less traveled.

I see two different reasons for this. One, a slightly optimistic reason, might be that I have actually matured and with newfound maturity, I have recognized that it's not the result, but the process that is important. On the other hand, a bit negative, if you will, and bit more truthful, is that I have just started compromising with reality. I have grown (not without retaliation, I might add) to accept reality for what it is, no matter what impact it has on my life. Simply compromising to accept the harsh reality without much fight or resistance, that is what is most likely to have happened to me. I know it is hard to understand what I am saying, but I'm just saying that the "Road Less Traveled" used to be an inspirational poem, but now... it is a sad, dull recognition of the compromised life I live. Yet, I have to say that I am most fascinated by this poem, because this poem is animated. It is alive, and I know that while some days, like now, it might be a sad reminder, on another day, it will be inspirational words supporting the choices I made. This poem is not stoic or still -- it is fervent with effervescent energy, and that is why, year after year, I keep coming back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home