Sunday, November 16, 2003

More Words!

Turbulence: This is a noun. It means a state of violent agitation. We were frightened by the turbulence of the ocean during the storm. I guess this word is often used in describing the weather. The turbulence of the storm delayed my flight.

Extricate:It means to free or to disentagle. What in hell does disentagle mean? They should not use difficult words in definitions! But I get the gist of it. It's a verb. It means to free. Alright. Moving on. He found that he could not extricate himself from the trap. The girl realized that she would not be able to extricate herself while the psycho was watching her. Interesting sentences, if I do say so myself.

Reticence: This is a noun, it means reserve or uncommunicativeness. I guess like being quiet or aloof. Because of the reticence of the key witness, the case against the defendant collapsed. The taciturn man exuded an aura of reticence.

Ok. So at least I am keeping up with my vow to learn new words. Although it isn't as often as I had wished at first, I think it's alright considering. I had a lot going on these last couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home