Thursday, September 09, 2004

Oy. Oooooy.

I haven't been able to write anything since I came back, because I am just having the darnest time trying to adjust! It's one thing to return to work after vacation, but plunging, literally (I mean, come on -- I was in class less than 4 hours after I got off the plane!), into school, into massive piles of work, and into a room that looks like Hurricane Frances dropped by, is difficult, to say the least.

I haven't been even writing e-mails yet -- sorry if you wrote me and I haven't replied. I am reading them, but not quite getting around to responding. It's crazy. At some point, I have put too much stress on my ankles/feet, and my left leg especially, is just miserable. My ankles are swollen -- it seems that my leg just transitions into my feet without my ankles. And my feet are just aching and nothing can relieve it. My big toe is in so much pain that I have to wince to move it. And the blisters are healing, but slowly, and they are really a pain in the ass to walk on.

So last night, I slapped on an icy-hot patch, and decided that it is imperative that I clean up the mess I had left last week before the trip. I even vacuumed! After being at such a clean place (my cousin's place) for a week, I am just appalled at my pig-sty, albeit my pig-sty. I got around to cleaning most of my room, but the bathroom is still gross, and my desk is so cluttered, I can't find my mouse. It's buried under college applications, transcripts, Washington DC paraphernelia (sp?), new textbooks (which cost a bundle), phone bills, credit card bills, half-read LA Times, various articles of clothing, crumbled up fashion magazines, and so on and so forth. You can't even look at the piles of mess without muttering "yikes" or "wow" or "holy shit."

But I am making progress -- perhaps all I really need is a Sunday to sleep it off a bit. I am currently at school, between classes. After my morning classes, I will do some shopping (need windex, beverages, paper, etc.) run some errands, and hopefully tackle cleaning my desk and my bathroom. Hey, has The Apprentice started? I am just so disappointed that I have class on Thursday nights and will have to miss it. I will also be suffering from TV withdrawl in the next three to four weeks -- which follows a week of cable withdrawl. My cousin had cable with oodles of channels, which I miss dearly.

Last night, I did manage to watch the remaining half of The Green Mile with a glass of Pinot Grigio, and relax. So I should be business as usual hopefully soon. I'm guessing that I'll need a good week to get adjusted. I mean, my body's still on EST! I'm up by 5AM and snoring before 11PM. Geez. Gotta get me-self to class now. Buh-bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home