Thursday, August 26, 2004

I Didn't Blog Yesterday

But I had a good reason, I swear! I was busy at work -- couldn't even check my e-mail at the usual frequency (which is probably a good thing, as all I seem to be doing is going in a deleting the SPAM). When I got home, I saw a movie (thank heavens for Netflix -- I am really beginning to love them). I was recommended the Japanese horror flick "Audition" -- it was supposed to be ultra violent and ultra scary. I saw it. It was like a strange melodrama with a psycho-twist. Not at all scary. I think it was kind of a sad ending, if you could think of it in such a way. It was strange. Confusing. The most memorable line from the film (this is of course translated from Japanese to English) is -- "metal wire can cut meat and bone easily." I also spoke to my bestfriend's mom for about an hour. My friend actually e-mailed me -- her cell phone had disconnected so it was probably time. Do I sound bitter? I'm happy that she's actually spoken to me (albeit in an e-mail) but depressed that I have to be happy about the fact that my best friend is willing to talk to me. I also filled out my first college application in years. In 6 years, to be precise. I clicked submit to the on-line application to CSULA. Wow. The power of the internet! Back in my day, the on-line versions of the applications were available, but no one really used them. It seemed risky, and practically nobody had high speed internet access, so it wasn't ideal. I was left feeling a bit puzzled though, as there wasn't a section for the personal statement, and there was no instruction on how to send my transcript. I mean, they should take a look at my transcript, right? Perhaps they'll just take a look at the info I filled out and do the admissions process, honor system style. I mean, I didn't lie or anything on my application, but the words "Academic Probation" stamped on the transcript makes reality just a bit more harsh than it is. But at least it is an upward trend -- started my first semester with a 0.25 GPA, and ended with a 4.0, and the overall GPA isn't looking too bad either. Well over 3.0, so while I don't feel extremely confident, I'm not feeling too pessimistic either. I could not believe that I actually had to dig out my high school transcript to fill this thing out! They asked for SAT scores and high school GPA -- my goodness that was a long time ago! Still remember how my neck ached while taking the SAT's (multiple times, I may add). I've always had this thing where I couldn't sit still at one place for very long -- about an hour or so, hour and half for movies, but about an hour in academic settings. So these standardized testing was really hard on me -- the SAT, the ACT, the AP's, the PSAT, etc. etc. Since I had refreshed my memory on standardized testing, I also remembered that I will be doing a few more of those in my life (hopefully). The NCLEX-RN, the GRE, perhaps the MCAT -- one never knows. But the NCLEX-RN, I will most definitely take, and perhaps the GRE also. I better build up tolerance to sitting once place for extended periods of time. Strangely enough, I can do it when I'm working on my blog template or writing in my blog, or watching back-to-back episodes of The Family Guy. My life, my physically tangible, real life (not the life I have with my computer) is getting exciting. Well, I suppose the definition of exciting varies between individuals, but for me, exciting. I am starting school in a week, visiting Washington DC, applying to colleges (I know applying doesn't guarantee admission, but it helps me feel like I'm actually motile in my life), debt free, very close to an iPod, getting a new cell phone (this month!), just turned 24, had my coffee this morning, etc. etc. Good times, people. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home