Friday, August 20, 2004

Top Three Blog Entries

You know, I've been blogging for over a year and a half. I've written 168,860 words (and counting) and wrote 579 entries, which averages to about a post a day. People, I write daily here! (And if not, I usually make up by writing more posts later.) So I've decided, as way of saying "kudos" to myself, to write an entry, citing my top three five (couldn't just stop with three) favorite blog entries. 'Cuz I'm narcissistic like that.

At number five, it's "I likee mee Alkeehol" Ah, who could forget the very post that spawned record number of visitor over the months! It is the original post where I talk about soju, cocktail soju, among other Korean alcoholic and even non-alcoholic beverages. This post alone brings me at least two hits a day. Amazing. People really want to drink soju, it seems.

Number four is: Damn Homeland Security. Gutsy title for a gutsy post. Although, the title was made, spur of the moment, now.

At number three, we have: The Man Who Cried Nike. Back in the days, I didn't title my entries, so I just made up that one now. It isn't a very long post, but makes me chuckle under my breath just a little. I'm a cell phone geek like that.

At number two, here's Out with Oppression. It is my attempt to write about the atrocious crimes committed against people in Tibet, as well as the world, including our very own, U.S. of A.

And my favorite post ever is... (imagine a drum roll please) ... Hot Pastrami, Cold Pastrami! Who could forget the epic battle fought by yours truly with the heinous deli workers at Ralph's!

So there ya go. My three favorite blogs posts. I wouldn't say that I'm brilliant most of the time. But every now and then, I write pretty fabulouos posts, if I say so myself! I think I just needed to see something I've accomplished that would let me know that I have done something worth while in the last year or two of my life. Although I'm still not a nurse, and still not a college graduate, I have proven that I can do something and stick with it. When I first started my blog, I started with the notion that it would be something I'd do for a month or two and get tired of it and abandon it. It was a thing of frivolous nature, and there would be no motivation or obligation for me to continue. Now, instead of owning a blog, a blog owns me. I have to blog. It's in my blood now. Can you say addiction?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home