Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Zippidy Do Dah, Zippidy Day

My oh my, what a wonderful day! I got the itinerary (just realized that I couldn't spell itinerary -- had to look it up!) from my cousin by e-mail. I am leaving on the first Friday of September and never coming back to this hell-hole will return promptly on Tuesday afternoonish, and from there I will have to literally run to my evening class. Can't miss Shakespeare for the world, yanno? I love seeing new things and going to new places -- however, it is a hobby that causes fiscal deficiency syndrome. Yes, you can backpack across Europe with $5 or whatnot, but as you well know, I have to show up at work daily and I really don't understand how I can drive cross-country (without meeting any psycho-serial-killers on the way, a la Jessica Biel, minus the bra) when I need to be at work all the time. So needless to say, I don't get around much. You can say that my all-time best/only trip was to IL/IA back in 2002. It was my first trip alone, first trip alone on a plane, and first time in over a decade to see snow. So I'm pretty excited about this trip also -- it will be my first venture out into the East coast. It is the most East I will ever have been -- unless you consider the Orient the East. Then, I've pretty much been to the Eastern tip of the continent of Asia. I digress. I am super, super excited. My cousin mentioned museums and a renaissance fair in MD, and while I meant to ask if they'd be open over the weekend, Labor Day weekend no less, I was just too excited and completely forgot. I suppose the renaissance fair would be open. I haven't been to the museum in ages, much less one in DC. I almost feel as though my suffering this summer wasn't so bad, because I have gotten the greatest reward -- a ticket out of here! Although it is a temporary thing, I always felt that to become a bigger individual, you need to see more things, bigger things, and experience more life. As you know, I pretty much sucked life dry, here in SoCal. Or rather, life has been sucked dry from me. By whom or what, I don't know, but probably something down the line of Homeland Security and the god-forsaken nursing programs -- I keep typing pogrom instead of program -- I think that signifies something. It is the typed equivalent of a Freudian slip, perhaps. But I tell you, this immigration crap, disguised with the fancy schmancy title of "Homeland Security" doesn't fool me; I know bad news when I see it! But that's another topic for another day. I hate getting worked up to write in my blog right when it's time to go home from work. Unlike my last trip to IL/IA, I now am the proud owner of a digital camera. My fancy baby, the Canon S400, 4 mega-pixels of sheer goodness. I have purchased a bigger compactflash card as well, to accomodate more pictures. I hope to return with many photos. Finally! I will engage in photography with subjects other than Nabee! All I know is, it friggin better not rain! I know that Charlie guy busted through the Southeast, but no tropical storm/hurricane better stand in my way, or I'm going to get hopping mad! I spoke to my cousin earlier, and she says that it's extremely hot and humid. *Crosses fingers* Hope it doesn't rain. The humidity will terrorize my mane, but please. Don't. Let. It. Rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home