Sunday, August 22, 2004

Have you seen this Toilet?

Got this inspiration from the Tokyo Times. You know, I was very used to using these when I lived in Korea. The schools had them. While I had a normal (western) john at home, I still had to use the squat (eastern) latrine at school. You have to appreciate the toilet bowl of the west. It's a marvel, I agree.

Imagine trying to squat over that thing when the ground is muddy (as in the case after a rain). It's pretty slippery -- you'd be lucky not to slip and I'll just stop here. But there's also the concern of soiling one's clothes, if not with your own mess/poo, but from the contact it makes with the bathroom floor.

At least they don't need a sanitary toilet cover sheet. Eek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home