Sunday, February 23, 2003

OMG~! I just saw Eminem with glasses on, and he is astonishingly breath-taking. He's heavenly... almost etherial. I adore him and worship him. I'm going to try to have a back ground song playing... as soon as I learn how to do that. I just went to work out... 14 minutes of light jogging, 9 minutes of that eliptical machine(which is supposed to do wonders for my tricep area), total a bit more than 20 minutes of cardio, 25 slow (and painful, I might add) crunches, and some yoga at home, total mileage : about 2.5 mi, total calories burned : 250-300.

Well, my best friend is in a crisis. She had a fight with her boyfriend, whom I will call "Billy Joe Bob(BJB)" so he can remain anonymous, and he packed his stuff and left. Also, it was his apartment they were living in, so he asked her to leave immediately, or he will take "action." They were really lovey-dovey, even just three four days ago. Needless to say I am in complete shock. It was her first real boyfriend(not that any others were imaginary or fake), but her first serious pretty long-term(1 yr) relationship.

She is all the way in the mid-west, and I am all the way in Cali, so I really can't help her out much, other than have a chat with her when she needs it. Which makes me feel very imcompetent. My first long term relationship was really long ago... and I don't remember what it's like to be in one.

Well, after the fight, he left, and while she was at work the next morning/afternoon, he came and took all his stuff, and DISCONNECTED THE ELECTRICITY, and wrote her a note to leave.

It just came as a total shock to me, because they were so good together until now, and after one fight, things changed drastically. She has no place to live, but thankfully has another friend she can stay with at the moment. They lived together for more than half a year. And he turns off the electricity after a fight. They had some fights before, but nothing out of the ordinary. I feel as though BJB has really made up his mind, and is pretty serious. My friend, I would have expected to break down and be really upset, has actually suffered through the first 24 hours of the break up well, considering. Maybe it hasn't all sunk in yet, and maybe is still denying it in her mind. Maybe she has hopes of getting back together. She says she still loves him, which is sad, when BJB told her he didn't love her anymore.

I told her to pack her bags and come back home to cali in May, when she finishes this semester, and continue her studies here(she's going to go to pharmacy school), but she says she will finish her stuff there before heading home, as she had planned, and she can't give up on her plans because of this. She is extremely brave, and although I admire her and respect her desires, it breaks my heart knowing that it is still below freezing temperatures in Iowa, and snowing, and she has no place of her own, not to mention suffering through a break up. =o(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home