Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Today's entry is an eulogy. 4 people had their lives tragically cut short on Silverlake Blvd, Monday morning, 2AM or so. Elliot, 19, and Andy, 20, were going in one direction on Silverlake, and another vehicle, also holding two people, were coming from the opposite direction. Elliot, who was under the influence, crossed the center divider lines, and crashed into the other car. One of the cars caught on fire, and the two adults(excuse my ignorance in the matter, I do not know their names, other than that one was a Korean taxi driver, and another was his passenger), died at the site. Andy, who was in the passenger's side, was not wearing seatbelts, and also died, and Elliot is now in a coma.

I do not know Elliot, Andy, nor the other two victims personally. But first of all, both Elliot and Andy both graduated from the same high school, and lived in Glendale, and were good friends with my best friend's sister. That was close enough for me to feel more than just sympathy. But also, the accident occurred on Silverlake blvd, and that is the road I take to and from work, and whenever I drive to LA, whether to meet friends, or shop, or whatever. As I drove to work this morning, I saw flowers gathered at the site of the accident, and invoked butterflies in my stomach. I know it is wrong, but I cannot say that I do not drive under the influence of alcohol. I do many times, and although not to the extent of Elliot, I feel guilty.

I am at work, and therefore, I will have to continue this blog entry at another time. Excuse my unusually (even more so than usual) cluttered haywire entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home