Monday, October 27, 2003

The weather again is horrible. Everything looks ashy brown. I am hating it... I mean, I doubt anyone likes the situation, but it really is wreaking havoc on my respiratory system. I have so much pressure in the sinuses, and I have a splitting head ache. The least that fate could have done for me is to have my work be closed. But no. I had to go to work. There's absolutely no excuse for me to miss work. It's outrageous. The East coast got few days off because of the snow! People in the valley and Chino/Pomona area got off from work and school because of the fire. We don't even have earthquakes nowadays, and I always, always have to come to work.

I had mixed feelings about getting into nursing this winter. I want to quit my job, concentrate on nursing. But I think that might be very difficult, since I have to earn money for tuition, and I kind of enjoy having money around. But I hate work. I've been at my current job for nearly two years, and I've been selling cell phones for nearly two years before that. Before that, I've had a stint as a waitress, cashier, secretary, and sales clerk, but all I know is I'v been working too much.

I think on average, since I graduated from HS, I've done 50 hr work weeks. I'm doing about 40 hours a week now... I've cut down significantly to spend more time hitting the books. Before I used to work about 65 hours! So I've spent a lot more than my share of time working. Of course, it's not like I did it for free. But still, I would kill for a year or so of just school and no work. When I was younger, I wanted to work, because working meant earning money and pulling your own weight, and that meant that I was independent. I had power. I could buy stuff, go places, and do things. Now, I've bought a lot of stuff, been to a few places, and done a lot of things -- some I've enjoyed, some I regret. I've been there and done that, and I think I could do without working. I could spend a year or two living frugally, because I would have time, and time itself is gold. I think having some free time and being free of stress would do me some good.

I think I have just blabbed on and on without making sense. I have a head ache, and it's finally time to go home now. So bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home