Friday, October 24, 2003

The weather is freaky today. We are having record high temperatures in the high 90's and 100's, plus that eerie Santa Ana winds. On top of that, massive fires in the hills. The atmosphere is a very browny color. It seems like I am wearing sunglasses tinted light brown. Ashes fall from the sky like grey snow speckles. It's not as beautiful as it sounds. Pardon my sarcasm. With the massive amounts of the ice polar caps melting, it's just what we need. As I look out my window from work, I see my normal daily view, only it's tinted khaki.

On days like this when the customers are *extra* bitchy and naggy, when it is very hot and time goes by slower than usual, I spend the entire day just counting down. I divide my work day into two chunks. The morning, and afternoon, which is separated by lunch, which usually takes place around 1-2 PM. In the AM, I check e-mails, return any phone calls, make phone calls, reading the news, update myself on new promotions, and have a nice cup of coffee(I wish I could add some *extra* caffeine when I have those *extra* bitchy customers). I try to keep myself busy, because before I know it, it's lunch time. By the time I finish comtemplating what to eat, then eat it, it's about 2-3PM. Then I start counting down. For example, right know, it's about 2:40 PM. I just finished my lunch. I now know that there's only 4 hours and 20 minutes left for work. When I finish updating this entry and check my e-mails (all 83 addresses.. LoL), there would be less than 4 hours left for work. I'll probably open up a can of vanilla coke, and get started on some paperwork I have to do, and that should take me a good two hours (I'll be interrupted frequently by those *extra* bitchy customers, no doubt). Then I'll just have two hours left for work. I'll spend the next two hours reading, possibly doing research and browsing the web for personal purposes (e.g. researching prerequisites for transfer programs at various universities, conduct my business on eBay, etc..). Speaking of eBay, my income from eBay will be approximately $50 this month. That's less than half of how much I usually make, but I have run out of things to sell, and also have gotten quite lazy. But that's a whole another issue.

I am very very very very hating my job these days. The regular customers long ago became bitchy customers, bitchy customers have become *extra* bitchy customers, and the *extra* bitchy customers have become *ultra* bitchy customers. Therefore, I have to raise the Customer threat level warnings to "High" or "Orange" -- High risk of Customer attacks. I hope I get to quit before it hits "Red" -- Severe risk of *ultra* bitchy customer attack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home