Monday, November 17, 2003

The lack of turbulence in the weather is increasingly boring! Give me some rain, some more thunderstorms, and rainbows! It is hard to extricate myself out of the boring patterns at work. I learned something new today. I once learned the difference between "already" and "all ready" in the 9th grade, and learned that both were equally correct, but were often misused. Now I learned that the word "alright" which I used in my previous post, is an incorrect word. Correct words would be "all right." Alright does still appear in some dictionaries, but in the definition, it does say that it is of "nonstandard" usage. Learning something new every day here.

It's almost Thanks Giving. Although it's not something celebrated by yours truly, it does mean time off from school AND work. So hurrah for those pilgrims and Indians and Quakers or whoever started all this. I am sleeping in on Thursday, stay up late and watch TV. On Friday and Saturday, I probably have work, but I should get off pretty early -- I'm expecting no later than 4PM for both days. Sometimes I wonder. Why Thursday? For many, it is opportunity of a 4 day weekend. For me, it often means one day of rest, followed by work. It would be better if it were on Friday. At least for me. But getting Thursday off is different than every other holiday, I guess.

Maybe I should start thinking about what I'm thankful for, and maybe the good vibes will give me some good karma. I'll see where that takes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home