Thursday, May 13, 2004

Google Me!

Pictures of the U.S.'s weather between May 17-24 2004
Stanford bi bim bop
Berkeley "English major" blog

What do these things** have it common? After I found out about statcounter.com, I have been using it. Statcounter is much better in reporting to me how my visitors arrived at my blog than sitemeter does, no offense to sitemeter, which itself is great also. I found that my blog has nearly twice as much visitors on Monday and Tuesday as they do the rest of the week -- Wednesday is alright, and after Thursday, the visits taper off. After trying to find the reason for that (my blog entries are more interesting on Mondays perhaps?) I came across this completely bizarre thing.

I found that some people came into my blog via Google's search engine. While it is nice to see that I pop up under Google, it seems rather strange to be first on the list when the phrases, "stanford bi bim bop" "Berkeley 'English major' blog" and "Pictures of the U.S.'s weather between May 17-24 2004" are searched. My blog has never mentioned a stanford bi bim bop, nor a restaurant serving bi bim bop in the vicinity of Stanford university; I am not a Berkeley English major, although I'd like to be on day; my blog definitely does NOT have pictures of the U.S.'s weather between May 17-24 2004, nor any other pictures of U.S.'s weather, whatever that may look like.

So perhaps you, too, came here through Google and are not seeing what you seek. I apologize for that, but blame Google, not me. But since you're here, please get to know my blog -- I do try to post interesting content and freshen things up every once in a while with a new layout, and try to be grammatically compliant when possible!

**There were other bizarre key words that popped up my blog... I will post them too at a later time. =o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home