Monday, July 26, 2004

Another Monday

Another Monday

Yesterday, I was dropping my brother off at church, and I realize how much I am subjecting my neighbors to. Let me clarify. My brother just got a new job in Koreatown, working as a cashier in a bar. Since he doesn't drive yet, he needs to be dropped off and picked up -- and since he now works at a bar, the drop off/pick up times are awfully inconvenient. On Saturday, I tried to go to bed early, so I can still get up at 2:30 AM without driving like a manic zombie, but couldn't get up! So my mom went to pick my brother up. She didn't even wake me, and I suddenly freaked and woke up at 3AM, wondering where my family went!

Let me add, that I absolutely despise being home alone. Especially at night. Not that I'm afraid. Ok. Maybe just a little. But I couldn't go back to sleep until my mom and my bro came back, which was darn close to 4AM. So when my brother wanted to be dropped off at church about noonish on Sunday, I was groggy, to say the least.

When I'm just driving to drop off my brother somewhere, I usually leave the house in my "home" clothes -- the comfortable clothes that I wear to putt around the apartment, which also doubles as pajamas. This attire usually consists of a ragged t-shirt and a pair of boxer shorts. And mind you, they're not the boxer shorts made for women -- they're the kind that men wear. My mom bought a pack that was too small for my brother (my brother's about 6'2" -- give or take an inch) and I ended up wearing them.

Getting used to men's boxer was a bit trying. I mean, the back part is kind of weird, and so it the front part. Why is there a giant hole in the front? I'm thinking that it would be used for men to urinate with their boxers on, but then I'm thinking, how difficult is it to yank down your boxers (with an elastic waist) to urinate? So I digress, but if anyone can enlighten me about the purpose of those gaping partition, I'd appreciate the heads-up.

Anyways. So I just wear that when I leave home, to take wherever my brother's going. I live in an apartment building with approximately 20 homes. It is very probable that a neighbor or two will spot me, walking around the building in a tattered shirt and boxers with flip-flops and bed-hair (although I hear that having bed-hair/bed-head is just the ultimate way to look chic, but in my case, I look like a brunette lioness). So yesterday, I had the thought that I may be subjecting them to too much torture.

Again, I am forgetting what my point was, but I guess the moral of this story is to dress up a little when going out of doors.

In other news, I am having an average Monday. I had Jjam-Ppong for lunch. Jjam-Ppong, or Cham-pon (I think that's how the Japanese spell it), is not Korean and not Japanese. It is frequently sold in Chinese restaurant, but it is not Chinese either. If anyone can tell me the origin of Jjam-Ppong and Jja-Jang-Myun, please do so. From what I understand, they are originally Chinese, but adapted to fit Korean's and Japanese's respective tastes. I could be wrong. But that's what I had. Jjam-Ppong is noodles in an extremely hot and spicy soup, filled with various seafood, like squid, tiny octopi, clam, half-a-crab, and cabbages and carrots, among other things. Now I'm very full and also getting a bit lethargic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home