Sunday, July 11, 2004

Gmail Failure

Gmail Failure

Just now for the last 15 tries of just trying to log onto my Gmail account, I am getting this message: "Sorry, something didn't work correctly." When you over-do the clicking, it tells you something like ..."You know what? We don't know what's wrong, but something sure is. We'd love to tell you what's wrong, but we don't know. We'll fix whatever it is soon enough, so sit tight."***

I'm going to have some yummy dinner and hope that Gmail gets its act together after dinner-time.

Also, I can receive text messages on my moe-bile(as the British say), however have no way of knowing who sent it. All it gives me is the message and the time and date it was received on my end. Stupid Nextel. Go figure. So if for whatever reason you decide to text message someone with a Nextel phone, leave your name/number in the message itself, or you'll never get a response. Oh yeah. I can't send out messages either. Yes, for a person who makes a living from selling cell phones, I sure carry a rather old (i.e. extinct) model that is rather large, inconvenient, expensive, with rather poor service. Go figure on that one too. But I can live without a cell phone (or at least I'd like to think so) and may try to tough it out once my contract is up. (FYI: That's what I said last year and the year before that... but in my defense, my boss made me get a phone and he even pays for it...)

***CORRECTION: What the page actually says is this:

Sorry, something didn't work correctly.

If we knew exactly what the problem was, we would tell you instead of giving you this useless error message. Actually, if we knew, we would most likely have fixed it already.

Rest assured. As you read this, alarm bells are ringing at the Googleplex, signifying something has gone horribly wrong in this quadrant. A report will soon be in the hands of our engineering team, detailing the bad thing that happened here. This team will work without rest to address the problem you have brought to their attention.

If, after a decent interval (about 24 hours), you encounter this problem again, please email us at accounts-support@google.com . The more specifics you include, the better (e.g., what kind of computer and browser you were using, what page you looked at last, what you clicked on, etc.). Sometimes, even our engineers need a little help.

Thanks for using Google.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home