Monday, July 26, 2004

Memory Lane

Memory Lane

In honor of my upcoming birthday, I have decided to give you all a treat. You can see bits and pieces of my (pre-arranged to seem normal) childhood photos! I was such a pretty and happy child, it's a wonder how I grew up so twisted and anguished. Well, fasten your seatbelts everybody -- we're heading down Memory Lane!

This is probably my earliest photo. Obviously, I am at the hospital, and judging from the piece of note attached, I haven't been named yet. The tag says that I am a child of my mom. Look, I even have a doll!

Here, I'm decked out in traditional Korean garments. Obviously, it is some sort of special occasion -- I think it's my first birthday, but I'm not quite sure. Since I am able to stand on my own two feet, I am deducing that I am approximately one year old.

Here I am again, same attire, but with a hat. I was never a fussy baby. I ate when I was fed, slept when I was rocked, and smiled when the camera was in view.


This is myself, with my mom. This most definitely is my first birthday. You can see me grabbing a spoon. It is Korean tradition, to lay out various utencils and stuff on the table, to have your child grab something. Like a spoon, or pencil, or money. It was supposed to indicate some sort of luck. I first grabbed the spoon, and then a pencil, or so legend tells it. That means while I will uphold education as my strong suit, I will most definitely take pride in the fact that I will never go hungry. So here I am today. Working my ass off for an education, and despite living in meagre conditions, I am never ever hungry. In fact, it is rare when I am not full!


Here I am, with a friend. I don't know who that kid is, but the one on the right is me. We look like we were dressed to match. Parents are sinister like that. They make you wear matching clothes. It's the worst when you wear matching clothes as your sibling. But that bonnet-thing on my head is awful precious, ain't it?


Now here is one of my favorite photos of myself as a young child. I just adore that outfit. I have always looked great in pink. My mom was always fearful that I would get burned by the sun and develop freckles -- she had freckles herself, and was determined to believe that once they form, they NEVER EVER go away. I would be forever shielded from the sun... I even had to wear straw hats, until I was about 8. I wasn't a very popular child... But on the positive side, I still have pretty fantastic skin, even though I have freckles. I kinda like my freckles...

Ok. That's it for now. I know half the time photos won't show up because I would have passed my daily transfer limit at Ripway.com. Memory Lane will continue, after these messages. Or rather, tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home