Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Randomness

Randomness

And here's the list of songs I listened to on my way home today:

Michael Jackson -- Man in the Mirror
Bunch of People -- Ain't No Mountain High Enough
More Bunch of People -- Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
N'Sync -- Gone
Madonna -- All By Myself
Ludacris -- Move
O Town -- I Swear
Paula Abdul -- Forever Your Girl
Ricky Martin -- She Bangs

I especially love the 'Man in the Mirror.' The lyrics really mean something to me -- I¡¯m starting with the man in the mirror / I¡¯m asking him to change his ways / And no message could have / Been any clearer / If you wanna make the world / A better place / if you wanna make the / World a better place / Take a look at yourself, and / Then make a change. Sometimes I get so frustrated with the ways of the world, and I want to do something about it. It is the biggest step I can do, to change myself first and foremost. If you know me well, you know that I never ever litter. I'm no environmental freak, but I don't litter. I'll be holding on to that candy wrapper until I find a goddam trash can. I don't lash out at people, no matter how angry I am. Unless, of course, you're one of the lucky few I can feel comfortable enough to vent (e.g. my brother, my mom, Crystal, Shane, etc), but you will never see me become a godzilla with a sales person at a mall or throwing a temper tantrum at a restaurant because I got salad dressing on the salad and not "on the side." So I try to do little things that in my own personal and humble opinion, make me a better individual.

Everyone is so crazy, especially since it's election season. Vote for Kerry, Heinz is evil, Bush just sat there when 9/11 happened, gay marriage should not be legalized, marijuana should be legal, raise taxes, lower taxes, who increased what deficits, and etc. etc. ETC.! You know, opinions are abundant, and I always notice that sometimes, it is the least informed and the most ignorant, who are loud about their opinions.

If you think Bush did such a poor job as president, or that Kerry is not going to be a good president or whatever, do me a favor, and show that you are worthy of making such a claim. What have you done? Have you ever thought about whether you are worthy of voting? Do you give back to your community? Did you rally infront of the White House to legalize gay marriage? Did you volunteer to be a human shield before the Iraqi conflict? Do you read the news (and not just get it spoon-fed to you by the TV or radio)? Have you helped an old woman with her bags when she's crossing the street? Do you leave your soda and popcorn in your seat after the movie when you leave the theater? Take in a foster kid into your home? Donate money to the animal shelter? Adopt a pet?

What have you done, beside exist, that makes your voice worthy of being heard? Saying that you pay taxes, therefore you have the right to critique a man, any man, republican, democrat, independent, or rebel, doesn't say much. Become an active member of your society. You don't have to go sit in the DNC, but have a concern. Take actions (actions speak louder than words people). Look in that mirror, and take a look at yourself and make a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home