Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Just Finals Remain

I finished my last day of class for the semester -- all that remain are the final exams, which will take place, starting Thursday. The Thursday after, I will have a personal day -- I always have one at the end of each semester, where I completely refrain from school and work! I'll probably be working on WP, MT, and EE though. I will be working on them intensely over this weekend -- I know it is exam week, but I am usually not one to sit around studying for final exams. In fact, final exam week is more relaxing than any other point in the semester, because there usually aren't homework or projects assigned. Therefore, no work to do, other than actually sitting in the classroom, taking the exam. Going through the motions, I s'pose.

Overall, I am quite displeased with this semester. I know most of it is my fault -- I took procrastination to new heights (started writing a research paper 3 hours before it was due!), and I don't think I read any of my text books, other than the Shakespearean plays. To say that I could have done better would be an understatement. I botched up this semester, and the grades will reflect it. That isn't to say that I would be failing any of my classes; however, I was interested in raising my cumulative GPA, and I should have done as well as my last semester from which I ended with a 4.0.

Not all of the disappointment is my fault. I am very displeased with my political science course. The concepts explored in class are hardly reflective of what the school catalogue dictates -- this is a required course for almost all college graduates, regarding the US government. However, because the instructor has other agendas to cover (i.e. brainwashing us into becoming liberals), I feel as though I have not received the adequate education I deserve and paid for. Most of the classroom learning took place on-screen in class, where we were shown clips of recent television news, as well as some historical/political films regarding certain administrations. Most of the class was spent listening to the instructor disprove Ann Coulter and how the media is actually biased to the right, not to the left. In fact, in today's class, he stated that Ann Coulter was stupid and has no brain. Hmm. So much of the semester was spent talking about Ann Coulter, (who I think is a very intelligent and vocal woman), and how utterly wrong and lost she is. That isn't the course I signed up for! If I wanted to get left wing propaganda, I'd go elsewhere, thank you very much!

Ok... enough yapping for now. I've got a lot to conquer before the year's up, and time's ticking... (photoshop, paint shop pro, MT, WP, EE... and practice CSS also...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home