Sunday, March 02, 2003

Mr Rogers passed away. That is so sad. That man was wonderful. I lived in the US from when I was 4, until I was 7 or so. I watched Mr. Rogers then. I went back to Korea, and came back when I was 10, and I saw Mr. Rogers then too. During the 3-4 years I missed his show, he had grown so much white, not grey hair, and I felt such disappointment that he had aged so much. Not that aging had any effect on his show, but the reality that he was aging, and that he would eventually grow old and die was just too hard. I loved the way he would always change right after coming home, take off his jacket, put on that sweater, button it up, and even change his shoes. He fed the gold fish, and always had interesting things to say, and I always enjoyed that he sang that "won't you be my neighbor" song himself. I really didn't like the train part, where it goes into the other side and go to some castle where these royal puppets and animal puppets talk and stuff.... I just liked Mr. Rogers and those darn puppets took my time away from Mr. Rogers. I'm having to write many eulogies since I started keeping a blog... Although I haven't seen Mr. Roger's show in a decade, the fact that he no longer walks among us, makes him greatly missed. He single-handedly raised about half of the children living in the US with Sesame Street. Great man, great life. I can only hope to become a person so influential...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home